PPN Awards Returns for its 18th Year – Nominations Now Open
Waterford PPN are delighted to announce the launch of the 2022 Waterford PPN Community & Voluntary Awards. This year’s awards are in collaboration with Waterford City & County Council, Waterford Volunteer Centre, South East Energy Agency, BHP Insurance, Local Link Waterford, Expressway and the Dept of Rural & Community Development. The awards scheme is the only platform in Waterford that recognises and celebrates the commitment and vibrancy of the community and voluntary sector and the value of the voluntary contribution made by community and voluntary groups and volunteers.
The awards acknowledge groups and individuals who, through their commitment to voluntary and community activities, have played a significant role in enhancing the quality of life in their communities.
The awards gala ceremony, where the winners will be announced will take place on November 24th and all nominees will be invited to attend the evening.
Categories & Prizes
- Children & Youth – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Environment & Conservation– Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Health & Wellbeing – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Spick & Span/Best Kept Residential Area – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Social Inclusion & Community Support – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
Volunteer of the Year Award
- Junior Volunteer of the Year: this award recognises the outstanding contribution that an individual under the age of 18 has made to their local community. Now is your chance to nominate those young people who encourage, support, lead, and inspire others in your community. Junior Volunteer Nomination Form
- Age Friendly Volunteer of the Year: this award is dedicated to those volunteers over the age of 55 who continue to bring knowledge, wisdom, and skills to clubs, organisations, groups, and the community. Our communities benefit greatly from their experience, and we would like to see them recognised for their contributions. Age Friendly Nomination Form
- Board/Committee Member of the Year: this award spotlights those volunteers who work behind the scenes. Without the tireless contribution of board/committee members, many organisations would cease to exist. Their workload increases year on year as governance and charity reporting requirements continue to grow. Nominate your local hardworking committee member today. Board/Committee Member Nomination Form
Pride of Place Nominees
The winning group (Chosen from the winners of the 5 group category awards) will be put forward by Waterford City & County Council to represent Waterford in the 2023 national All Island Pride of Place awards.
Closing date for receipt of nominations is FRIDAY 16th SEPTEMBER 2022
For assistance and information, please contact Alison on 058 -21308 or email email@example.com
So, go ahead and get nominating your local community and voluntary groups and individuals
Waterford PPN Community & Voluntary Awards were introduced 17 years ago to recognise and celebrate the community organisations and volunteers that work tirelessly in our communities; for their outstanding contributions making their communities a great place to live, work, play and visit.
For 15 of those years the annual awards were celebrated at a gala ceremony where over 200 people would attend including representatives from all nominated groups/volunteers, sponsors and elected representatives. It is always a lovely, vibrant and heart-warming event but sadly last year, due to COVID-19 the awards as we knew them could not happen and we are still not back to full normality but the work did not go unrecognised last year and it will not go unrecognised this year. Hopefully we will be back in full swing in 2022 and get everyone together to celebrate in person even that would be a celebration in itself.
We all know that the last 18 months have been very strange and extremely challenging times and the need for services escalated and the voluntary sector in Waterford stood up to the challenge as they always do in times of crisis. They were first to act on the ground and have gone well above and beyond their usual roles as volunteers in their communities.
This year we will once again recognise and celebrate the outstanding service of the volunteers that have donated their time, faced the challenge head-on and made a significant impact on the lives of those in their communities and on Thursday November 25th Waterford PPN we will announce and honor those volunteers online.
Group Award categories include:
- Age Friendly
- Arts, Culture & Heritage
- Children & Youth
- Residents Association
- Healthy & Active Communities
- Social Enterprise
- Social Inclusion
**Pride of Place Award** – The winning group, chosen from the main winners of the 8 category awards will be put forward by Waterford City & County Council to represent Waterford in the 2022 IPB Pride of Place awards. (please note this is a non monetary award.. More info on the IPB Awards can be found here – https://prideofplace.ie/
This year features TWO NEW awards in collaboration with Waterford Volunteer Centre that will highlight and recognise the unsung heroes for their outstanding contribution during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Covid-19 Community Champion – this individual has gone above and beyond in maintaining activities or services that supported others, despite the disruption and restrictions of the pandemic.
Covid-19 Special Project Award – this award is in recognition of an individual that responded to the Covis-19 pandemic by implementing measures or setting up activities or a project that enhanced the lives of others and impacted positively on their community during difficult times.
All nominees of the Covid-19 awards will receive a thank you card, all shortlisted nominees will receive a certificate and the winners will receive a certificate and a crystal award.
We want to thank all volunteers for their invaluable services they give in their community and to our collaborators Waterford City & County Council and Waterford Volunteer Centre.
Closing date is Friday October 29th 2021
- The group/club/organisation/Volunteer must be not for profit.
- The group/club/organisation/Volunteer must be active in Waterford City or County.
- Groups are permitted to nominate themselves for an award.
- All nominations will be adjudicated by an external panel of judges. To ensure judging is fair and impartial, judges will be selected from outside of Waterford. As such, they may not be familiar with locations, groups or individuals in the County. Therefore it is very important that as much information as possible is given on this Nomination Form to ensure Judges have a good understanding of the work of the nominated group.